Sunday, April 23, 2017

Using stucco to refinish the exterior of your house: part 9 back in business

In the last blog I mentioned I was out of business because the stucco sprayer broke.   Well the parts arrived and I'm back in business.  I stuccoed another wall making me 60% done with the stuccoing.  The results are shown in the pics below.


  


This time I completely disassembled the sprayer and cleaned off the stucco.

I have also started thinking about paint and have decided to paint the facia, drip edge, wood gable ends and doors blue.   I will never paint the stucco.  I bought some Sherwin Willianms weather shield paint which protects against cracking, mildew and algae.  It also can be applied to metal and wood.

Even though I have less than 400 square feet to paint, I also bought a Wagner airless paint gun for  the job. I figured it would make the job easy especially where the drip edge overlaps the facia.  I was set to do the paint job this weekend but it looked like it was going to rain so I pressure washed the back of the house instead.   

In the back is the cedar covered porch.   When I was pressure washing, I though that right before I stuccoed would be a good time to re-coat the cedar with oil since I don't want it to get on the new stucco.  FRo the most part it does not need it but there are a few areas (mostly the sun exposed areas) that do.  This means next weekend I will try out the Wagner paint gun with the oil.   It has a paint and stain setting.  Not what I originally envisioned using it for but I think its going to work out really nice.

That's all for now.

Happy Building,

The Dr



No comments:

Post a Comment